UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Recent and Emerging Advances in Chemical Science, (REACS-2015), on 8 and 9 January 2015
- Games & Sports
The College offers facilities for a variety of games and sports. Physical training, Athletics, Basketball, Handball, Cricket, Kho-kho, Table tennis, Badminton and Baseball are played.
- Literary & Debating
Opportunities for participation in extempore speaking, debating, elocution, dramatics, vocal and instrumental music and photography are provided. Educational, documentary and feature films are shown in the school. Nature walks; picnics, treks and educational tours are also organized from time to time.
The College offers a variety of activities including Dramatics, Indian and Western Music (both vocal and instrumental), Indian dance, etc. Competitions in cultural programmes, dramatics, games and sports are an integral part of our system of education.
2. Madhavi Chandhran ( DC III Comm.
English) Winner of the spirit of youth award for the best dancer for the year 2011 which is an international level competition.
Performed at the inaugural day of Music Academy, Chennai.
Performed at Nishagandhi Festival at Trivandrum.
3. Chinnu Nair (DC III Comm.English)
4. Amrutha Mohan (DC I Comm.Emglish)
5. Sreeja (DC III Literature) performed a dance programme at Botswana in South Africa for the South Africa Malayalee fest before the Football World Cup. This was sponsored by the Kerala Samajam.
6. A team of six second year degree students of the Department of Zoology participated in the inter- collegiate Atthapookkalam competition on 14th August organized by Red FM 93.5 in co- operation with TATA –TION in Onakoottaima at Infant Jesus School, Kowdiar. The team won the first prize with a cash prize of Rs 5000/-.
7. Aswathy. T.S. the second year Zoology student won 2nd prize in Poster designing competition organized by Terumopenpol on 23rd September for promotion of voluntary blood donation. She also got a consolation prize for English Slogan competition. She also won the 2nd prize in the painting competition conducted by the Sree Chithira Thirunal Smaraka Sangeetha Natyakala Sahakarana Padana Kendram in connection with the Ananthapuri Nirtha Sangeetholsavam and 98th Sree Chithira Thirunal Jayanthi Celebration, 2010.
8. Sruthi.S.Thampy, the second year degree student won the 1st prize in the painting competition jointly organized by the Department of Information and Public relations, Government of Kerala and the Centre for Gandhian Studies, University of Kerala in connection with the Gandhi Jayanthi week Celebration, 2010 held at V.J.T. hall.
9. In the various cultural programmes conducted in the college, the second year degree students Mayoora. B.C won the 2nd prize in Vegetable carving while Surya.K. won the 2nd prize in Flower arrangement competition. Remitha A.R. and Hesiya X. won the 1st prize in Eastern Group Dance.
10. Ms. Ashalekshmi.S. the final year Botany Degree student won 1st prize in the interdepartmental quiz competition held on the topic “Cultural, Spiritual and Linguistic Links of Biodiversity” held in the Zoology Department on 25th November, 2010.
11. Ms. Surya.K., DC II Zoology won the 1st cash prize of Rs. 1000/- in Hindi essay writing competition conducted by the Hindi Sahitya Academy on 22nd September, 2010. She also presented a Paper in the Hindi Competition organized by the Hindustan Life Care Limited for the College Students on the topic ‘Contributions of Hindustan Latex Limited Life Care in improving the health Care Delivery in India on 10th March, 2011 and got a Consolation Prize and a Memento.
12. A team of ten students both from second and final year BSc Zoology under the leadership of Swarnamma (III DC) has participated in the “Biodiversity Expo” and won third prize for the Best Pavilion contest at college level held in connection with First Indian Biodiversity Congress 2010 on 27th-31st December 2010.
13. Ms. Sonu Balachandran, DC II Zoology, attended a Ten day Winter Adventure Camp sponsored by N.S.S. Regional Centre, Trivandrum at Jawahar Institute of Mountaineering and Winter Sports from 11to 20 January, 2011.
14. Liji of I DC Botany attended State level and National Level Camps of NCC.
15. Dhanya J, former student received a special award from the University of Kerala for exemplary service through NSS for the year 2008-2009.
16. Tintu and Manju of DC III History received prizes for being regular blood donors on 14th June- World Blood Donor Day organised by Terumo Penpol at Vyloppilly Samskrithi Bhavan.
17. Saji Mol of Semester III History won the third prize in the Inter-Collegiate Malayalam essay competition organised by Govt. Law College, Trivandrum.
18. Divya R H of DC III History received an award for being the Best NSS Volunteer in All Saints’ College.